Phat Joe no more on ECR

News Guy
July 5, 2017
150 Shares 5523 Views
East Coast Radio said they and Phat Joe had mutually agreed not to renew his contract. 
 
“Phat Joe, who has been with ECR for a year, is leaving the station due to a variety of exciting new commitments outside of KZN,” said the radio station in a statement.
 
“Phat Joe has contributed substantially to East Coast Radio in his time as Drive presenter, but his demanding schedule has put undue pressure on him.”
 
Phat Joe has been no stranger to controversy and angered striking students last year when he called students who burnt down buildings, “the worst people in the world”.
 
The deejay said he was victim of an anti-Phat Joe campaign and went to the UKZN to clear the air and clarify his statements with students.
 
He also survived complaints, including from an infuriated parent and over comments he made about “tattooing a baby”.
 
East Coast Radio Programming Manager Zane Derbyshire said on Tuesday, “Phat Joe is one of the most respected entertainment personalities in South Africa, and while the relationship has ended sooner than we would have liked, we understand the demanding nature of his new projects. At the same time the Drive show is one of the flagship shows on the station and requires the full-time dedication of its host in Durban. 
 
“We would like to wish Joe all the success with his new ventures. He remains a friend of East Coast Radio.”
 
A new host for the show will be announced shortly.
Source: IOL

Comments

You may be interested

December Rain and Floods Gallery
Featured
1 shares503 views
Featured
1 shares503 views

December Rain and Floods Gallery

Administrator - Dec 06, 2017

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Kwadukuza, Ethekweni and surrounding areas were treated to large levels of rain as well as there were reports of…

3 Vehicle collision on N2 before Zinkwazi
Ballito News
13 shares809 views
Ballito News
13 shares809 views

3 Vehicle collision on N2 before Zinkwazi

Administrator - Dec 06, 2017

N2 N before Zinkwazi - 3 Vehicles. Three vehicles collided this morning on the N2 before the Zinkwazi offramp. Two…

Single vehicle accident – N2 Stanger
Ballito News
1 shares103 views
Ballito News
1 shares103 views

Single vehicle accident – N2 Stanger

Administrator - Dec 06, 2017

Single vehicle accident - N2 Stanger, driver sustained moderate injuries Please take care in the wet weather. Source - IPSS

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.