How to grow your own onions indoors
How awesome would it be if every time you needed an onion for your recipe or meal, you just reach over to your window and pluck a fresh one out!
Sure, you can find them in every supermarket, but you could never have enough information about their origin. I know I would gladly grow them year around outdoors if I could, but that is not a choice for me living in Minnesota. Maybe you are fortunate to live in a climate that allows you to grow year around but then there may be the problem with space. Well, I have found a solution for all!
This Is What You Need:
- 5 L plastic bottle
- pair of scissors
- onion bulbs
- Start by cutting the neck off the plastic bottle.
- Cut some holes in it, with the scissors. The holes should be big enough for the onions.
- You then make sure the onion sprouts are positioned through the holes.
- Put layers of soil and sprouts, adding them until the bottle is full.
- You can add the neck back on (simply tape it around) or leave it like that.
- Water the soil and set it on your windowsill.
- In no time, onions will sprout out the bulbs, you can watch them grow, and eventually flavor your dishes with them. Enjoy!
You may be interested
SAPS offices broken into five times in past few weeks – what is going on?News Guy - Oct 20, 2018
The Pietermaritzburg unit’s offices were broken into five times over the past few weeks, with electronic equipment stolen. KwaZulu-Natal officials…
Potential dog theft syndicate running on the North Coast of KZNNews Guy - Oct 18, 2018
Reaction Unit South Africa has attended to 27 cases of theft/lost dogs in the past month. Reaction Officers have recovered…
Msunduzi municipality in KZN is writing off R2 billion in owed debtNews Guy - Oct 17, 2018
Mayor Themba Njilo announced an amnesty period yesterday to indigent residents of the Msunduzi municipality which are overdue on their…