How to grow your own onions indoors
How awesome would it be if every time you needed an onion for your recipe or meal, you just reach over to your window and pluck a fresh one out!
Sure, you can find them in every supermarket, but you could never have enough information about their origin. I know I would gladly grow them year around outdoors if I could, but that is not a choice for me living in Minnesota. Maybe you are fortunate to live in a climate that allows you to grow year around but then there may be the problem with space. Well, I have found a solution for all!
This Is What You Need:
- 5 L plastic bottle
- pair of scissors
- onion bulbs
- Start by cutting the neck off the plastic bottle.
- Cut some holes in it, with the scissors. The holes should be big enough for the onions.
- You then make sure the onion sprouts are positioned through the holes.
- Put layers of soil and sprouts, adding them until the bottle is full.
- You can add the neck back on (simply tape it around) or leave it like that.
- Water the soil and set it on your windowsill.
- In no time, onions will sprout out the bulbs, you can watch them grow, and eventually flavor your dishes with them. Enjoy!
You may be interested
22 people dead in 12 hours on KwaZulu-Natal roadsNews Guy - Dec 10, 2018
Twenty-two people died on KwaZulu-Natal roads on Saturday, with one accident on the N2 near Empangeni claiming 15 lives alone.…
Loadshedding Schedule: Saturday 1 December 2018 – Stage 2News Guy - Dec 01, 2018
Dear Ballito, We have upsetting news for you. Eskom announced that they need to implement Stage 2 loadshedding from 16:00…
Eskom implements stage 2 loadshedding on Friday – Ballito you are affectedNews Guy - Nov 30, 2018
Eskom announced on Friday that it would implement 13 hours of stage 2 load shedding between 09:00 and 22:00. Ballito…