How to grow your own onions indoors
How awesome would it be if every time you needed an onion for your recipe or meal, you just reach over to your window and pluck a fresh one out!
Sure, you can find them in every supermarket, but you could never have enough information about their origin. I know I would gladly grow them year around outdoors if I could, but that is not a choice for me living in Minnesota. Maybe you are fortunate to live in a climate that allows you to grow year around but then there may be the problem with space. Well, I have found a solution for all!
This Is What You Need:
- 5 L plastic bottle
- pair of scissors
- onion bulbs
- Start by cutting the neck off the plastic bottle.
- Cut some holes in it, with the scissors. The holes should be big enough for the onions.
- You then make sure the onion sprouts are positioned through the holes.
- Put layers of soil and sprouts, adding them until the bottle is full.
- You can add the neck back on (simply tape it around) or leave it like that.
- Water the soil and set it on your windowsill.
- In no time, onions will sprout out the bulbs, you can watch them grow, and eventually flavor your dishes with them. Enjoy!
You may be interested
Female pedestrian left critical in collisionAdministrator - Apr 16, 2018
A woman, believed to be in her 20s, was left critically injured when she was knocked over by a light…
Taxi accident leaves 14 injured on N2Administrator - Mar 26, 2018
At approximately 14h30 yesterday afternoon, IPSS Medical responded to reports of a taxi accident on the N2 before Nyoni. Upon…
43 year-old female falls from third storey apartment balconyAdministrator - Mar 19, 2018
A 43 year-old female has fallen from her third storey apartment balcony in Sheffield this afternoon. The patient sustained critical…