Former Durban snake handler dies from a Black Mamba bite
A former Phoenix resident died this weekend after being bitten by a Black Mamba. He was handling the snake in order to extract venom for medical purposes.
Ryan Soobrayan relocated to Gauteng from Durban and became the farm manager for African Reptiles and Venom – a company that deals with all things snake.
While Soobrayan was handling the snake, a fang punctured his finger. He died of anaphylaxis – a severe allergic reaction.
According to experts, the risks of handling deadly snakes are real. However, this line of work is critical to the medical community.
You may be interested
Loadshedding Schedule: Saturday 1 December 2018 – Stage 2News Guy - Dec 01, 2018
Dear Ballito, We have upsetting news for you. Eskom announced that they need to implement Stage 2 loadshedding from 16:00…
Eskom implements stage 2 loadshedding on Friday – Ballito you are affectedNews Guy - Nov 30, 2018
Eskom announced on Friday that it would implement 13 hours of stage 2 load shedding between 09:00 and 22:00. Ballito…