5 Plumbing Tips to NOT Flush your Money Down the Drain
Don’t flush your money down the drain and take care of your plumbing systems, the more money you can save by conserving water and minimising repair needs. We like to help you service and maintain your plumbing systems, but why should you can do some of it yourself to help you save some money. Below you find a few important and handy tips:
- Know how to turn off the water valves, especially the main water shutoff valve, toilet and sink valves.
- If you need to unblock a drain quickly, and don’t have access to a liquid drain cleaner, try mixing half a cup of bicarbonate of soda with half a cup of vinegar. Pour the mixture into the drain; it will fizz helping to clear the blockage. Pour hot water in the drain immediately thereafter. We don’t ever recommend pouring harsh chemicals down the drain, as this can damage the pipes. If this homemade household attempt doesn’t fix the problem, give Avanti Plumbers a call.
- Prevent leaksby purchasing a water pressure gauge and test your water pressure, to make sure it is not too high. If it is, call a plumber to have a water pressure regulator installed. High water pressure can lead to unnecessary water loss, leaks and damaged pipes. Ballito Maintenance & Plumbing also carry out pressure testing on domestic as well as commercial water lines.
- If your toilet is overflowing, to quickly stop it do the following:
– Remove the cistern lid
– Look for the floating ball and raise the bar that is connected to the ball
– If the water in the toilet bowl does not drain, turn off the water valve at the base of the toilet
– Plunge the toilet and make sure the blockage is gone
– Turn on the water valve
5.Keep the number for your 0833 66 2546 / 0765 818 118 Ballito Plumbing & Maintenance – www.ballitoplumbing.co.za
You may be interested
22 people dead in 12 hours on KwaZulu-Natal roadsNews Guy - Dec 10, 2018
Twenty-two people died on KwaZulu-Natal roads on Saturday, with one accident on the N2 near Empangeni claiming 15 lives alone.…
Loadshedding Schedule: Saturday 1 December 2018 – Stage 2News Guy - Dec 01, 2018
Dear Ballito, We have upsetting news for you. Eskom announced that they need to implement Stage 2 loadshedding from 16:00…
Eskom implements stage 2 loadshedding on Friday – Ballito you are affectedNews Guy - Nov 30, 2018
Eskom announced on Friday that it would implement 13 hours of stage 2 load shedding between 09:00 and 22:00. Ballito…