5 Plumbing Tips to NOT Flush your Money Down the Drain
Don’t flush your money down the drain and take care of your plumbing systems, the more money you can save by conserving water and minimising repair needs. We like to help you service and maintain your plumbing systems, but why should you can do some of it yourself to help you save some money. Below you find a few important and handy tips:
- Know how to turn off the water valves, especially the main water shutoff valve, toilet and sink valves.
- If you need to unblock a drain quickly, and don’t have access to a liquid drain cleaner, try mixing half a cup of bicarbonate of soda with half a cup of vinegar. Pour the mixture into the drain; it will fizz helping to clear the blockage. Pour hot water in the drain immediately thereafter. We don’t ever recommend pouring harsh chemicals down the drain, as this can damage the pipes. If this homemade household attempt doesn’t fix the problem, give Avanti Plumbers a call.
- Prevent leaksby purchasing a water pressure gauge and test your water pressure, to make sure it is not too high. If it is, call a plumber to have a water pressure regulator installed. High water pressure can lead to unnecessary water loss, leaks and damaged pipes. Ballito Maintenance & Plumbing also carry out pressure testing on domestic as well as commercial water lines.
- If your toilet is overflowing, to quickly stop it do the following:
– Remove the cistern lid
– Look for the floating ball and raise the bar that is connected to the ball
– If the water in the toilet bowl does not drain, turn off the water valve at the base of the toilet
– Plunge the toilet and make sure the blockage is gone
– Turn on the water valve
5.Keep the number for your 0833 66 2546 / 0765 818 118 Ballito Plumbing & Maintenance – www.ballitoplumbing.co.za
You may be interested
43 year-old female falls from third storey apartment balconyAdministrator - Mar 19, 2018
A 43 year-old female has fallen from her third storey apartment balcony in Sheffield this afternoon. The patient sustained critical…
Watch: Footage from this todays violent protestAdministrator - Mar 13, 2018
A protest on the R102 near Groutville turned violent and had resulted in the closure on the road. It is…